Sunday, November 9, 2008

Closing a chapter

So today, as I sit here preparing to close a chapter of my life...I have mixed emotions. This is not just a simple chapter. No. This particular chapter was filled with joy, greif, happiness and loss. It's marked a time in my life where emotions ran high and feelings ran wild. A time in my life where I can now say...thank you.

It's a bittersweet happening, this is. Nobody likes to see the ending of their favorite story, not end happily. It is afterall, supposed to be happy endings right? I've come to the realization that things just don't happen the way we would always like them to end. The childhood stories of my day fall short to todays realities. Times and people are so different. Again, it's bittersweet. The bitter part is beyond obvious. The hurt, the angst, the tears.... my spirit is now being tried. The sweet part is that I can remember the great times, the momentous times. I can look foward to happy times again. I can rest my head at night and not go to sleep upset, worried, hurt. Peace is finally here again.

So as I sink back into this abyss that has enveloped me, I look foward to that tear in that darkness...that tiny ray of light poking through, that tells me.... Move foward.

No comments: