Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Snugglies with the bug!

I know that sounds bizarre, but it's code for: Kayden and mommy snuggling together :)

I got home from work today to the happy "Mommy! You are home!!!" Even the little walking dynamite stick was able to mutter "Mommuh". I tell you, that is just the BEST feeling ever! I love coming home from work and my kids come running to me. Being a stay at home mom, I was always around and never out of their site, so this is a pleasant change for me.

Anyway, back to the snuggling. I came home today and ate a bit and then proceeded to try and stay awake on the couch. Well, Kayden comes up to me and starts rubbing my arm. He has this thing with my arm lately. He has to have one of my arms or it's war! So, he's rubbing my arm and I instantly feel the coma start to slip over me. I tell him that mommy is tired and that I am going to go lie down. He then proceeds to tell me that he is tired too and that he wants me to go lay in his "topumk bed" (top bunk bed) with him. I'm all for it! So we go and lie in bed together and snuggle. Short of me surgically retrieving him from my armpit...there he was. Snuggling with me. Him in my armpit (thank you Jesus for good deodorant) and me sniffing away at his hair. Oh bliss!!!

I was already awake when he got up, but I was still lying in bed when he got ready to leave. He looked at me and told me "Mommy, you are my best friend. I'll cover you up, you just rest. I love you mommy."

Okay...tell me your heart did NOT just skip a beat :)

So this is love :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How is that kids have this amazing ability to hone in on exactly the right moment that we, as adults, need care and compassion from them? It's truly heartwarming and reaffirms that you're doing something right.

And why do we lose that gift as adults?