Friday, September 19, 2008

Amazing Grace... yes, it is!

I've been slowly venturing into the realm of becoming a working mom again. Really, it's been a necessary function that my little family unit needs. With the economy going down the drain, a single income family is becoming harder and harder to maintain. So, I've been peddling my resume around for a couple of months now, with little to none success. It's been heartbreaking for me at times because I have such a great work history, but not a lot of employers want to hire someone that's been out of the workforce for 3 years due to having kids. I understand that totally, but it bites for mom's like me. Anyways, I've been praying and praying for this one job opportunity to open up for me. The location, hours and environment are just the perfect match for me and my family. I am a firm believer that when God shuts a door on you, it's only because he has something better in store for you. I was really hoping to get a job with a really good friend of mine, but that didn't pan out. Now I know why. I was just hired on with that dream job I was referring to above! The fact that this is a new facility give me the opportunity to do what I love best, and that's lead. I'm also being paid very generously and here's the kicker... it's 3 minutes from my house!! Talk about prayers being answered!!

Here is another prayer that has been answered this week. While I was pregnant with the second spud, I was told I had HPV. Of course, I was dumbfounded because this is a sexually transmitted disease and uhm... I've been married for almost 4 years! So, once the spud was out, they had to do some procedures to make sure that I don't have cervical cancer etc. The past few times I've had my yearly insides scraped, the test always came up positive. Well, I just got back my results yesterday and guess what? They are NEGATIVE!!! Yep! They said sometimes these things just resolve themselves and they go away. Now, I still have to go back for more frequent scrapings, but the fact that it's negative is a blessing again! Wow...I'm telling you, the power of prayer is some strong stuff :)

I have so much to be thankful for this week. I am thankful for my God. Thankful that I have what I have in my life. Thankful for my two boys, my husband and both of our extended families. I remember what my life was like without faith and without hope... I pray that I never get that way again. I am also so very thankful for people like Tara, Misty and all the other GaMom chickies that have sent me well wishes and prayers. I'm thankful that I have such a wonderful support group who's support, friendship and love... reach beyond the screen in front of you.

Again, Amazing Grace.

No comments: